Updated 29th June 2018.
As a Lextan customer, we collect and keep information about you and your visits to our salons. Specifically, we store the following:
- Your name and date of birth.
- Your responses during your registration / induction as a new customer.
- We record every time you visit a salon including your usage of salon equipment and any purchases made.
- Occasionally we will offer you the ability to opt-in to marketing and company updates by entering an email address and/or mobile phone number. These are encrypted and stored against your customer record.
- Any contact you may have with Lextan (such as letters and emails) will be kept for reference if appropriate and treated confidentially at all times.
- Each Lextan salon is covered by 24 hour CCTV recording so we may have footage of your visits stored for a limited time.
We respect and protect your information to the best of our abilities and take precautionary measures to help prevent information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and that are in controlled facilities.
We only keep information we need to operate as a business and help us provide a safe and efficient service to our customers:
- Your name and date of birth are kept to identify your customer account.
- Your registration / induction record is used to setup your salon account and records your suitability for the use of our sunbed equipment.
- Your sales history is used for our company sales records and analysis. For example, we can monitor the busiest days / times in certain salons and adjust our opening hours accordingly. Any purchases you make in the salon help us view various product popularity and adjust our retail stock to suit demand.
- We send occasional marketing and company update messages if you have opted-in during a salon visit. This is always optional and you can opt-out again at any time using a link on any email sent to you or by asking a member of staff in one of our salons.
- Any contact with Lextan is kept confidentially if appropriate / required for enquiries or complaints etc.
- CCTV recordings are used for the safety of staff and customers. It’s protected by restricted access and is overwritten automatically on a 7-14 day cycle (depending on the particular site and number of cameras connected). We view footage to investigate incidents at our salons and occasionally pass on some of it to the Police should they require it in relation to an enquiry.
We do not pass on or sell any of your information to third parties.
We want you to be in control of how your personal information is used by us. Subject to local law, you can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal information, or if you want us to correct any of the personal information we hold about you
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information. Note that if you request your data to be erased from our systems, you will no longer be registered and hence unable to use our salons without re-registering as a new customer.
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal information you have given us to a third party
Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any time. Moreover, where we process your personal information based on legitimate interest or the public interest, you have the right to object at any time to that use of your personal information.
We rely on you to ensure that your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Please do inform us promptly of any changes to or inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting us from the contact page. We will respond to your request as soon as possible but certainly within 30 days.
This website is provided by Lextan Limited. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by those parties (“Users”) who access our website at www.lextan.co.uk (” the Site”) and we uphold the relevant data protection principles and process all personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
At this time, the only personal information collected or stored on this site is from the contact-us page and the voucher activation page. When sending us a message on either of these, you must agree to us storing your contact information, but only for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry.
Any comments or questions about our Data Protection and Privacy Statement may be sent to us from the contact page.
Alternatively, you can write to us on the Head Office address at the bottom of this page.